Thursday 2 February 2012

Settled..

So we are moved and, pretty much, settled. You always realize how much stuff you truly have whenever you move. It seems like we almost doubled up with our stuff. We found an awesome place for storage, and I am trying to go through everything else to put some more in storage. 


I have decided to enter the Arts West Juried Art Show again this year. I haven't entered a piece since 2005, when my spirit was a little crushed after receiving an honourable mention. I won the youth award the two years before that, and my move into the adult age group and not getting my piece put into the Travelling Gallery kind of kicked my butt. I should have been happy, as I did at least receive the honourable mention. I have a good idea for a piece. I might just stick with one as it has been a while. 


Facebook has been screwing around with the groups, so I just made myself a page. The people liking it is a little slow compared to the group but hopefully it'll pick up. 


So because of moving and being back on crappy internet, I have yet again, fallen behind with my drawing. So I will be uploading 8 pictures today.


 Day 136:


By far, my most hated bug. Spiders are horrible, creepy, evil things. Haha. I thought maybe if I drew one, I would feel better about them. I don't. They make me feel all crawly. (shudder)
 Day 137:


A centipede. I even counted and made sure that there was 50 legs on each side.
 Day 138:


Terribly annoying bugs but at least they are decently easy to take care of... with a swatter. Haha. They are pretty fun to draw though.
 Day 139:


This is one of those mechanical nano bugs, or at least, my tack on one. I like how it turned out. They are usually brightly coloured.
 Day 140:


I don't know what type of bug this is. The white parts are normally orange-red. It was kind of cute. 
 Day 141: 


Francis from A Bug's Life movie from Pixar/Disney. I loved him because he was always mad for being mistaken as a female. 
 Day 142:


Another one that I don't know the type of bug it is. I just thought it look super cute. I pretty sure every bug I think is cute would probably leave a big rash and bite you like mad. Haha. 
Day 143:


A weird spiky bug and white spots. It is very shiny. 








<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment